Thursday, January 5, 2012

This is NOT another weight loss blog

The New Year has arrived... again! Bringing with it 'tidings of comfort and joy'... and those things we call resolutions! But I'm over resolutions (they're so 2011 anyway). Instead, I'm giving myself a challenge. This year, I have challenged myself to eat 1200 calories a day.

But wait right there, this is NOT another weight loss blog. Granted a little bit of weight loss will come with the challenge, although that's not a bad thing. I could do with losing a few pounds from obvious places! Instead, I'm hoping this challenge (and blog) will be more an education into food and the relationship between food and our bodies.

Hhhmmm, sounding a little philosophical? Not so. I'm simply interested in determining just what our bodies really need in terms of food quantity to survive on a daily basis and how different foods fuel our bodies. I want to know why we feel a need to scoff a bag of popcorn while watching a movie, when really we don't need it, or why, despite having eaten what we think is a nutritious meal, we're still hungry and craving something sweet after it.

Don't get me wrong. I have a good relationship with food - I love food! But sometimes, well, actually a lot of the time, I'm guilty of eating because I'm bored, or simply because it's in the cupboard, or I'm feeling lazy, or - and this is usually the case - I'm procrastinating.

So, bring on 2012 and a year in which me and food get to know each other a whole lot better.








No comments:

Post a Comment